Summer Style: Beach Bag Swagger
It's that time of year again: long weekends, summer Fridays and easy, day-to-night beach-inspired style. Here are our picks for a stylish summer weekend:
- The versatile take-along tank by Claridge & King ($68) is a dress, beach coverup or a long top.
- One-piece swimsuit in bright poppy. Tory Burch, $215.
- Large hoops, handmade in LA and made to order. MDS Stripes, $450.
- Tory Burch's new Tory Sport line is chalk full of easy, sporty and preppy summer must-haves like this stripped knit tee that plays well on and off the court. Tory Sport, $150.
- Denim First Aid sun hat. Tuckernuck, $215
- The more things change, the more they stay the same. Birkenstocks are seeing a resurgence in popularity thanks to some fresh new colors and an appreciation for a shoe that treats your tootsies a better than flimsy flip-flops. Zappos, $125.
- Solid investment pieces: Jack Loves Charlie / MDS Stripes gold and diamond bangles are handmade and made to order in LA. MDS Stripes, $400+.
- There are never enough striped shirts in one's wardrobe, IMHO. This adorable printed boat-tote features Breton-inspired striped shirts. The Monogrammed Home, $65.
- Espadrille wedges will go everywhere and with everything. Soludos, $129.
- Forget the classic skinny style, a crisp white sailor jean give your outfit some punch. J. Crew, $268.