Bon Appetit in the Heat: 5 Picks for Easy Summer Cooking
For me, summer "cooking" takes place outside and requires little or no heat. Think fresh berries, grilled stone fruit, guacamole, sublimely messy burgers (I've never been one to care about what I look like while I'm eating). Summer's bounty is an endless gift as far as I'm concerned. Here are 5 summer kitchen picks to help keep it fun and easy:
- Endless Summer Cookbook. Food Network personality Katie Lee's new book is a feast for the eyes and tummy. Get inspired!
- Ceramic berry basket. Store and serve berries in these pretty, practical "baskets' all summer.
- Mortar and Pestle. One of civilization's oldest cooking tools is still useful today for a reason. Great for guacamole and concocting interesting spice rubs for the grill.
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker allows you to make frozen pops in a matter of minutes on your counter top without electricity. The patented design makes it a snap to make pretty striped and filled pops as well.
- Padnero Spiralizer. This is my favorite new gadget and I use it way more that I thought I would. Zucchini, squash, beets, kohlrabi, potato, apples, cukes...and on and on and on.