Happy hump day, my fellow weekend warriors! Wednesday is the perfect time to start thinking about. Here's a round of up our top 5 to-do's on the weekend wish list:
1) Dogs & Brews at Cannibal Beer & Butchery. This meat lover's paradise in Murray Hill boasts award winning wieners and a 450 beers from around the world. They also have an ourdoor garden spot in the back. Are you a Multi-tasker? Sign up for their Belgium Abbey Ales class on Saturday (3:30-5pm, $35 per person, includes snack). Drink and learn. Brilliant.
2) Bjork at MOMA. While everyone will be heads downtown to the newly reopened Whitney this weekend. I'm going to avoid the crowds (for now). MOMA's retrospective on multi-hyphenate, ever enigmatic (remember the swan dress?) Bjork is an all encompassing look at her fascinating 20 year career.
3) Catch a flick. Confession: I love solo movie nights at the cinema. My date: a huge tub of buttered pop corn. I'm not saying I look awful, but I'm dressed comfortably because it's dark. Interpret that however you'd like. (Side note: If you don't get the appeal, you haven't gotten there yet. Give it time).
My pick for this weekend is Far From the Madding Crowd, based on the classic Thomas Hardy Book starring Carrey Mulligan (love her) and Michael Sheen (ditto).
4) Flex your green thumb, white a gloves and pearls optional. All kidding aside, The Garden Education Center of Greenwich is holding its annual May Gardeners Market. Featuring a wide array of plants for purchase, knowledgable vendors and a children's bee program.
5) Sit in the sun and read a book. Its finally May and the sun is shining. Cop a squat somewhere nice (our options are impressive...Center Park or Bruce Park. Tod's point or your patio). My book pick: is Between You & Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen by Mary Norris. Norris has spent three decades in the New Yorker copy department, maintaining its high standards. It may seem far-fetched, but Norris' wit regarding her work along side a long list of literary greats make this book laugh-out-loud funny.